November 8, 2008

Our First Day Out





Today was another great day. We got to sleep in,which was wonderful since my body and mind don't even know what day it is let alone what time it is. The girls were in school until 1:00 - yes I know it's Saturday. Somehow I don't think that would go over too well in Utah. We walked over to the orphanage to pick them up and have them spend the day with us. We were going to go out to a movie, but had so much fun here playing games, talking, and trying on clothes. Many, many thanks to Linda Macbeth who sized up the girls when she was here in October. Everything fit perfectly,even the shoes. I was so happy, and so were the girls. We went out for pizza and ice cream. That was the girls choice. We had to take them back to the orphanage by 8:00p.m. Just to let you know, Natasha had to fill out some documents for the court and the subject of the girls names came up. I had told them that they could choose. Tonia has chosen to keep her name and will soon be known as Tonia Grace Evenson. Tamila has chosen to change hers. She will soon be known as Angelina Tamille Evenson. She said that it is a name that she really likes, and as soon as Ray heard her ask, he thought it suited her perfectly. It was obvious that she had put a lot of thought into it. It will take some getting used to. I still call her Tamila. Oh, by the way, Angie won't do. It must be Angelina. It was a fun day and we are looking foward to tomorrow. The Carr's should be joining us soon. We are looking forward to that as well.

5 comments:

Margie said...

Hi Evenson's, we are so excited things are going well and we are anxiously following your experiences. The girls are so darling and they look so happy to be with you. I love the name Angelina! We are praying for your family!
Margie Jorgensen

Claire Evenson said...

Everyone looks so happy! I think Tonia looks a lot like you, Louise. I really love the name Angelina. I think it will fit her well! XOXO

Lee-Ann said...

The first thing we thought when we saw the pictures was how much Tonia looks like Louise. They look so happy. Love the names. We hope you get a court date quickly and come home soon. I've offered help to your family but they seem to be doing just fine. Love to all of you.

The Rogers Family said...

As I read your blog, I know what feelings you are going though. I'm am so happy for the both of you, it is such a great feeling to know that your kids are with you and are safe and well. The bonding time there is the best. Have a wonderful time. The girls look beautiful and what fitting names they will have. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

The names are great, perfect fit, love the pictures.

David & Eldie Howick