November 10, 2008

Down for a couple of Days


I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be moving apartments tomorrow. We have found a new one that will be big enough for us and the Carr's. We have talked to them briefly, but they have yet to join us here in Poltava. The internet will not be hooked up until Thursday, so you will not hear from me until then. It is lovely here. This part of town has tree lined streets and many park like areas. There is a chill in the air and the sun sets about 4:30. It is much colder when the sun isn't shining. The buildings are mostly old, with a few newer ones. The streets are narrow. The drivers are crazier than in Utah. UTA would be so happy to have their buses as full as they are here. On the walk to the orphanage you see many trees with mistletoe. They look like Dr. Suess trees with tuft-like balls of leaves and berries. I had no idea that mistletoe is a parasite. It just somehow starts to grow on trees and sucks the energy from them. I guess I just assumed there were such things as mistletoe trees. Ray had to give me a science lesson. He is fascinated with all the crows here just walking around. He especially likes the grey ones. They are actually very pretty. I will try and get a picture sometime.

1 comment:

Claire Evenson said...

Oh my goodness, it sounds and looks way different than I imagine. BEAUTIFUL! Maybe one day Jesse and I will be doing the same thing as you and Ray. We are so excited for you and love hearing about your journey. Thanks for the pictures. We are all doing well. We had Family Dinner over at our house last night and it was fun to get together, but we sure missed you. Give the girls more kisses from us all. "You are all a match made in heaven"