November 25, 2008

HERE TO STAY!!!

I spent from 8:30 this morning until 5:00 tonight running around taking care of new social security numbers, birth certificates, and passports. The girls home village is not too far from Poltava. The ride out there reminded me very much of the drive from Whitby to Lindsay in Canada. There is still much to do. More of the same tomorrow. As far as we can tell, we are still on schedule. We made a quick stop at the City Inspector's office. She was a very helpful and supportive lady and we were very appreciative of all that she did for us. She wished me the best. The best part of the day, I missed because I was with Natasha running from one office to another. We made a quick stop at the orphanage where she arranged for the girls release. She called a taxi to take them home to Ray - for good. When I got home at the end of the day, I was so glad to see everyone at home. You could just feel their joy. It was bittersweet when we had to send Ruslan back alone. His turn will be soon. Oh, while I was gone, Ray couldn't resist running to the market to find me the perfect hat. What do you think?






6 comments:

Lee-Ann said...

Home to stay. what a beautiful sentence.

Brooke said...

We are so happy! We wish you the best of luck and that everything else goes quickly. We can't wait for all of you to come home. Give our love to the girls. We love and miss you all.

Karen Hopkins said...

Congratulations. This is the happiest blog I know! (I love your hat.)
Uncle Mike and Aunt Karen

Becky said...

I saw Melia at Cafe Rio and found out about your blog. I didn't know how to post a comment until Jenni told me how. I've been reading about your adventure for a week or so now. I'm so excited that things are going well for you. All that frustration before is over! I love all the pictures. It will be fun to see you and the girls when you get back. Maybe you can wear that hat to water aerobics!

Unknown said...

Well, you're in the final stretch now! It's so great, and we can't wait for you to get home. I took some pictures of the house the other day when I was over there, but Claire talked me out of posting them, because she said it would just make you stressed out. It actually wasn't too bad though, and we'll make sure that it's clean when you get home. The girls rooms look pretty cute, i'm sure they'll love them.
How much more paper work do you have to do? Is it just passports and birth certificates?
Love you,

Jesse

Andreas said...

A happy family at last...soon to be back home. Please let us know when you get to SLC airport so we can meet your new family :)