November 21, 2008

A Lazy Day


Ray and I were up and out early to market. These kids go through the fruit like I can't believe. Angelina ate four bananas, 2 oranges, and an apple. Tonia prefers oranges and apples. Ann made the kids some potato soup for dinner and I sliced up some cucumbers and tomatoes. I know you kids at home are going to find this hard to believe, but they actually ate the cucumbers and tomatoes without Ranch dressing! It was raining all day today. We had to buy another umbrella it was getting too hard to share one. Not as many vendors at the market today because of the rain. The kids came over early again. We played a few games of UNO and then got out the workbook that Polly sent along. They really liked it, especially Angelina. She did a lot of the worksheets with my help. I think she will learn quickly. I wouldn't even know where to begin. We have letters in our alphabet that they have never seen or heard. They were so happy and eager to try. I suspect that they will be a little shy at first when we get home, but it won't take them long to open up. That is how it's been here. They feel more and more at home with us each day. They seem as eager to get out of here as we are. It is so great. Ray took a bunch of pictures, but Tonia erased them all but one. She doesn't really like having her picture taken. Angelina on the other hand could pose for hours. Have a great day everyone. We are! Our love to all.

No comments: