April 19, 2009

Easter Sunday

It was Easter Sunday here in Ukraine. Everything shut down. We went to the branch here in Sumy. What wonderful people. The Elders were happy to see us too. I miss Sunday dinners so much, we recruited a few extra people. We invited the Elders, our interpreters, strangers off the street-just kidding! It was fun. Today is a holiday too. Not much going on. Pretty much everything is closed down. Zhenya was hoping to go for a hair cut before our court date, but we can't find anything open yet. They have the randomest(I don't think that is a word)holidays around here. We played a bunch of games yesterday. Zhenya is coming out of his shell. We had a lot of fun. He and Tanya thought they would discuss how to beat me, so they were jabbering away in Ukrainian. I just laughed and told them I knew what they had said. I told them,and Tanya said, "You know way too much Ukrainian!"
Love you all. More tomorrow. I may wait until after court, so the post will be later.





2 comments:

Margie said...

Louise, THANK YOU THANK YOU! Misha had been asking me if he could write to Zhenya and ask him to take a picture of his friends, and we came home from spring break to find the video! Because his classmates are graduating next month they will be leaving the school and scattering, so he has been so anxious to get pictures. Igor is such a handsome kid! We are loving the blog, keep it up! How are Strader's doing?

Claire Evenson said...

We miss our Sunday dinners too, but that's so great you had one of your own. I bet the missionaries loved it too.
You should have cut Zhenya's hair yourself. You are like a pro at it :)

You're all in our prayers! XOXO